Register for 2018 Auckland Fringe
Want to be an Auckland Fringe artist?
Here's how to become part of the 2018 Auckland Fringe:
STEP ONE - "I have the greatest idea for a Fringe show/event/installation/activation(insert any art form here)!"
Unless it's illegal, we're into it.
STEP TWO - "Hey space/venue/backyard I want to do it in, shall we be pals?"
We suggest shopping around for a venue to find out which space might physically suit your work best, whether they can give you the support you need financially, audience-wise or production-wise. You can check out the venues listed in our Venues 2018 section or approach your own. We suggest doing this as soon as possible.
STEP THREE "Hi Fringe! Sign me up!"
It's time to hitch your cart to the Auckland Fringe officially by completing your Artist Registration. Artist registration involves letting us know who you are, what your idea is and where you're doing it, as well as paying your registration fee and bond. This means we're able to support you during the event registration process, and we have an idea of how our Fringe is shaping up. This is open now!
STEP FOUR "Take all my info!"
The next step is Event Set Up, where you give us all the nitty gritty details - ticket prices, dates and times, the people you have involved and all the info we need to sell your event such as your marketing image and copy.
Event registration details will come to you after you've registered.
We're here to help with all these steps. If you have any questions or need advice email us on email@example.com.
Plus keep tabs on all artist info via social media with the Auckland Fringe Artists, Producers and Crew group on FB.
What does your Auckland Fringe registration give you?
- You get access to an almighty Fringe audience! With over 14,000 e-news subscribers, and 7,900 social media followers, you and your show are on the radar with a bunch of arts loving humans who like to try their hand at all kinds of experiences. You'll also be promoted within our marketing and publicity campaign for the festival as a whole - we're aiming to grow the Fringe audience all over the city.
For the 2018 Festival, this includes:
- An Auckland Fringe website listing for your show/event
- Spotlight inclusion in at least one email newsletter within our overall email marketing campaign
- Spotlight inclusion in at least one social media post
- All the support and up-skilling opportunities you need. This includes producing workshops and resources during the Fringe prep period, and an open door support policy with us from registrations through to show time.
- Access to information sessions and networking opportunities during the Fringe to investigate and learn more about further presentation opportunities - in New Zealand and overseas.
- Heaps of opportunities for exchange, collaboration and networking. We'll be providing official Fringe events which enable these activities, and there will always be a wee bit of dancing and carpark socialising to be done after hours at the official Artist Hub Basement Theatre.
- The opportunity to win a Fringe Award. With a panel of industry experts covering all eligible shows and events, you're up for an award that will provide you with an edge if you're looking to continue presenting the work, recognition from the wider industry, and potentially a prize from an industry development award.
- A Fringe pass for everyone working on your show! Which enables you to go to other Fringe shows for free or cheap on standby, and discounts at some of our favourite haunts.